The Institute for Entrepreneurship is proud to announce the THIRD annual STARTUP WEEKEND at Miami University!
With great mentors and the support of Miami’s Institute for Entrepreneurship, we are calling on YOU to participate.
If you are an entrepreneur, designer, dreamer, techie, or just passionate about an idea..Startup Weekend is for you! This is a chance to roll up your sleeves and take a deep dive with others to build teams, get creative and launch your ideas!
What is Startup Weekend?
Startup Weekend engages a highly motivated group of Miami University students who want to learn what it takes to start a business in one weekend. All undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to participate whether you have an idea or just want to work on a business startup team to understand the ‘how-to’ of launching a business. Startup Weekend MU is a 48 hour immersion event that builds companies, teams, and insight.
In one weekend, attendees will:
1. Learn and execute LEAN Startup process
2. Make like-minded friends
3. Launch a real business
What they will get:
Startup Weekend provides an unprecedented level of networking, team building, and learning for participants. Don’t forget that there will be 5 meals provided along with snacks, and a Startup Weekend t-shirt! Sometimes a company emerges, sometimes one doesn’t. Some companies go on to produce revenue or get seed funding, but every time people leave with more experience, insight, knowledge, friends, and resources than they came with.
Miami Students who complete Startup Weekend will receive:
1. 1 hr of course credit for completing ESP 102: Startup Bootcamp (students must be at the event for all check-ins to receive credit)
2. Meetings with successful entrepreneurs, mentors and alumni
3. Understanding the process of launching a business and key issues to address
4. Networking with other like-minded members of the Miami community interested in starting businesses
5. Introduction to the Miami Student Venture Fund and local business incubators and accelerators
6. Exposure to the nationally ranked Institute for Entrepreneurship and opportunities for continuing your business ideas
Register at: www.muohio.startupweekend.org
Questions: Contact Jessica Reading at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more information? Come to info session on 2/13 at 6pm on FSB 2079!